Executive Board 19th of May, 2015, Brussels
On the 19th of May, 2015, the ECERI Board approved the nomination of three new members : Pr David Carpenter (USA), Dr Magda Havas (Canada) and Mr Saad Bendidi (Marocco).
ECERI Scientific Committee, Executive Board and General Assembly : September 24, 2013
On the 24th of September, 2013, the Scientific Committee, Executive Board and General Assembly of the ECERI gathered in the Belgium Royal Academy of Medicine, Brussels.
The Executive Board was held in the presence of Pr Adam Wilkins, currently Perspectives Editor of Genetics and past Editor of BioEssays.
The Scientific Committee approved three new members : Pr François Fuks, Director of the Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, University of Brussels, Belgium ; Pr Gérard Ledoigt, Head of "ERTAC" Tumors and Cell Self-control Laboratory, Clermont-Ferrand, France ; and Pr Marcel Roberfroid, Emeritus Professor, past Head of the Research Unit of Biochemical Toxicology and Cancerology, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium. Besides, it approved a new associated member : Dr Atanu Sarkar, Assistant Professor, School of Environmental Studies, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Pr Isabelle Mansuy presented the epigenetics research project on psychological stress and cancer. Early traumatic psychological stress appears to alter the expression of micro-ARNs linked to cancer (for ex micro-ARN 3.75). The experiment aims at examining whether these micro-ARNs are altered after stress in tissues susceptible to cancer.
Dr Yann Gaston-Mathé came to present the Hypercube Software, an innovative data mining software, enabling statistical analysis of multiple parameters.
The General Assembly approved the 2012 Activity report, the 2013-2014 Prospects, the 2012 Balance Sheet, and the new ECERI's headquarters in Brussels. It approved a new member of the Executive Board : Pr Janos Frühling.
ECERI EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING, 24th June 2013, Paris
The ECERI Board reviewed the different current and future research projects :
- It focused on the results of a study regarding the effects of a natural product on patients withe self-reported electrohypersensitivity.
- Another study is currently being carried out with ARTAC and the anatomopathology laboratory of the University Hospital of Martinique. The target is to measure pesticides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and PCBs in the fetus’ fatty tissue.
- An ECERI study project on psychological stress and cancer led at the Zurich University is confirmed, and should start in September 2013.
- A new study is being launched on breast cancer among an Indian ethny where the cancer incidence is nearly 80%. The role of virus is being suspected. This ECERI project will associate Pr Montagnier's laboratory.
- The next Paris Appeal Colloquium will be dedicated to Electromagnetic fields, heavy metals and health. It will be held on Tuesday, 14 October and Wednesday, 15 October, 2014, in Brussels, at the Belgium Royal Academy of Medicine. It will gather European and international scientists, as well as members of WHO, the European Commission and European Members of Parliament.
It will be followed by a Congress in Paris on the same topics that will address, as a priority, physicians, dentists and medical staff. This congress will also be opened to civil society.
ECERI EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING 31ST MAY, 2013, PARIS
The ECERI executive Board gathered In Paris on May, the 31st. The following points were discussed :
- Updating of the Scientific Committee’s composition: each member will be contacted to confirm his interest and contribution to ECERI scientific program.
- ECERI’s Research projects for 2013-2015
Environment, mitochondria and metabolism : BM2607/05 marker is presently tested on cancer cell cultures in the Liège (Belgium) research laboratory on Metastasis (Professor Castronovo), the dosage method is now validated. New research partnerships: a collaboration is underway with Professor Marcel Roberfroid's laboratory, (intestinal flora microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy Medicine School, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium), given the potential role of bacteria in marker synthesis.
Psychological stress and cancer : the study will start September 2013. It will be managed by Isabelle Mansuy's laboratory (Zurich Brain Institute) in collaboration with ARTAC and the financial support of ECERI.
- Preparation of the fourth conference of the Paris Appeal
The next Paris Appeal Conference will be held in Brussels at the Belgium Royal Academy of Medicine at a date which will be precised later on, depending on meeting room availability..